Do I need to be a member to participate in Wessen ITC group programs?
Wessen ITC group programs are open to everyone. You do not need to become a member of the club to play in our groups.
What does my son/daughter need for class? What should they wear?
- Bring a water bottle to class. It can get hot on the court, and it is important to stay hydrated.
- Students that are playing outdoors are encouraged to wear sunscreen.
- There are bathroom facilities available inside the high schools at the outdoor sites.
- Players will need a racquet for their tennis class. If you do not have a racquet, we can lend you a racquet on the first day of class. Your coach can then recommend the appropriate size/weight. We have racquets for purchase at the Club for your convenience – please inquire at the front desk. We also offer racquet restringing services when needed.
- Players should wear comfortable clothing appropriate for sports, with layers that can be removed if it gets too hot.
- The most important part of dressing for tennis is to wear the correct shoes. Any athletic shoe that has some lateral support will work. Please do not wear shoes that are made specifically for running – those are the only athletic shoes that do not work for tennis. Running-specific shoes do not have the appropriate lateral support, and it is very easy to twist your ankle with running-specific shoes. Most athletic shoes will work just fine.
Is there an Early Bird discount?
Our summer classes are already priced with a summer discount included. All registrants receive the summer discount rate at all times, not matter when you register.
What is a session?
Our programs are separated into sessions. Outdoor Summer Sessions I & II are 4-weeks. Indoor summer sessions I & II are 5-weeks. Indoor Summer Session III is 4-weeks.
I don’t remember my user name or password to register online. What should I do?
Your user name is the email address that you used initially used to register. If you do not remember your password, or you don’t think you ever had a password, you can request a password using your email address REQUEST PASSWORD If you are still having trouble, just give us a call at the club, and we will be happy to help!
I tried to sign my son/daughter up for the same class for next session, but the registration page says “CALL.” What does this mean?
Our registration software displays “CALL” when a class is full. You can call the club to get on a wait list, and if a spot opens up, we will get you in. If you want to keep the same class all summer, it makes sense to sign up for all of the sessions in advance to make sure you have a spot. We do not have any priority registration requirements during the summer season, so you are free to register for any class during any session.
I know that I am going to miss a couple of classes due to a family vacation. Can I get a discount for classes missed?
- Twice-per-Week Classes & Sunday Indoor Classes: If you are going to be missing classes at the BEGINNING of a session, we can prorate the fee for one class, to begin the 2nd class of the session. Anything further than that, you will need to wait to register when you are able to participate.
- Saturday Classes: With the abbreviated 4-week sessions during the summer, we do not prorate one-day-per-week classes. I fyou are going to miss the first week, you can try to schedule a makeup with our Request Makeup scheduler.
- If you are going to miss classes in the middle or end of a session, you will not be prorated. Wessen ITC offers opportunities for one makeup class per session, which can be scheduled online through our website. However, it is important to note that makeup classes are not guaranteed – they are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Our classes are very full, but we offer makeups where we can fit an additional student in the class. Please note that our desk staff cannot change this policy. Request Makeup
My son/daughter was sick and missed class.
VOLUNTARY MISSED CLASS MAKEUP POLICY: If you miss a class, you can request a makeup. There is a limit of one makeup class per student each session. Makeup classes are not guaranteed and are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is a possibility that none of the makeup dates work for you, or that they are all full. Please note that our desk staff cannot change this fact or this policy. We do our best to give as many students as possible an opportunity to makeup a class that was missed due to an illness or conflict, however we are limited in the number of days/times/students in our makeup classes. If you know in advance that you will be absent, you can request the makeup ahead of time. This lets us offer a makeup spot for someone else, so please request your makeup ahead of time if possible! Request Makeup
What happens if it rains or the weather is bad?
In case of inclement weather, you can find out about rain delays and/or cancellations by:
- Following us on Twitter http://twitter.com/WessenITC
- Looking at our website homepage www.wessenitc.com. The Twitter feed is automatically posted right on the homepage for everyone to see.
- Please do not call about rainouts – the moment a decision is made to delay or cancel, we will post it on Twitter and on our website homepage. We have hundreds of players in the program, and we cannot answer hundreds of calls about rainouts. If we have not made an announcement, you can assume the class is still on as scheduled.
- Twice-per-Week Classes: No makeup for the FIRST rain-out – We have this built in to the reduced summer pricing. If it rains and we need to cancel the class, there will not be a makeup for the first time each session. If the class is canceled a 2nd or 3rd time, we will schedule makeup classes.
- If we were able to get at least 1/2 of your class in before the rain, we will not schedule a makeup for that class.
- Saturday Classes: Saturday classes will be moved indoors to Wessen Indoor Tennis Club if it rains. Do not assume the classes have been moved indoors. We will notify you of the change in venue.
If possible and we know in advance, we will move indoors to Wessen Indoor Tennis Club during inclement weather. If we need to schedule a makeup class, we will notify you of a new date and location via email. PLEASE BE PATIENT – we need time to secure courts and schedule pros, so please be patient and we will notify you via email of the makeup date.
MESSAGE BOARD: We have a Summer Message Board on the homepage of our website. There you can find all of the changes, cancellations, makeups and alot more information. It’s a good place to look if you are unsure. MESSAGE BOARD
I signed up for a class, but I changed my mind. Can I get a refund?
Please be sure that you want to sign up BEFORE you register. We do not offer refunds on class registrations. Please refer to our Refund Policy. Refund Policy
I started class a few weeks ago, but now I am injured. What happens now?
If you cannot finish your session due to an injury, we will gladly offer you “club credit” to be used at a later date. Credits can also be extended to other members of the family. Please be sure to call and let us know about the injury. Credit will begin from the date you have notified the Club.We do not issue credits retroactively. If the player is only missing one class, please try to schedule a makeup class. Credits are for extended absences. Refund Policy
I think I signed my son/daughter up for the wrong level. What should I do?
If you are worried about whether or not your son/daughter should move up or down a level, please talk to the tennis coach to find out if they should be placed in a different class. Our pros are generally very proactive in moving students into the proper level – it is better for all of the students when classes are semi-consistent in level. A good time to talk to the coach is before or after class, during ball pickup. Feel free to go out on the court before or after class to talk to the coach. Please do not go out on the court while players are hitting balls! You can also email or call, and we will have the coach contact you to discuss your child’s progress. 248-253-9300 or email@example.com.
My son/daughter is not focusing or following directions during class. What can I do?
Sometimes children are not able to focus and follow directions in a group. Players need to be comfortable on the court away from their parents, and they must have the ability to listen to the instruction and follow directions. Parents are not allowed on the court during group instruction. All children are different and there is not necessarily a certain age at which this automatically happens. If you see that your child is not following along with the group instructions, and you think that you may want to wait until they are a little bit older to participate, we will gladly give you a “club credit” to be used at a later date. Credits do not expire, so even if you want to wait until next year, we are happy to hold your credit to “try again” next year. Refund Policy