WOMEN’S SUBURBAN TENNIS LEAGUE
The Suburban Tennis League is a women’s social travel league serving the Detroit metropolitan area. The league runs yearly, from September through May. Matches are on Fridays, with four-courts of doubles: two-hour timed matches; one hour each, against two different doubles teams
Wessen Indoor has three Ladies Suburban teams – a combined level 6.0, 7.0 and 7.5, with captains for each of our teams. This year’s (2021-22) captains are as follows:
- 6.0 – Kate Damman 6.0 MATCH SCHEDULE
- 7.0 – Sherri Bosart 7.0 MATCH SCHEDULE
- 7.5 – Rebecca Barry 7.5 MATCH SCHEDULE
The captains will be in contact with the players on their team for scheduling and lineups. Players are rostered on teams that reflect their current USTA ranking and coach’s recommendation. Players can sub, when needed, on teams of a different level.
- The League requires that players have a membership at their home club. (An individual membership is $175/year; a weekday/daytime-only membership is $95/year.)
- Players that attend practice have priority for playing in the Friday matches.
- 2.5, 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 level women are welcome to join our Suburban League. NOTE – You do not need to have a current USTA rating to participate.
- Team practice is Wednesdays, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm ($40) [main practice.
- Tom’s Tactics (optional) is on Mondays 9:00-10:30 am ($25) [organized ladies doubles]
To attend practice, there are several options to sign up:
- We send out a weekly invitations to get a player count for the practice. There is a link on the email invitation. Please click “YES” to attend. PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE “NO.” We do not need to know that you aren’t coming, only that you ARE coming. Too many times we have had players think they click NO but actually click YES. ** Simply put…only respond to the email if you want to attend practice.**
- You can log into your account and sign up for practice. Go to “Drop-In” classes on the left side of your screen.
- You can email the club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Registration closes the night before practice at 9:00 PM. If the class is not full, you can still attend by calling the club on Wednesday morning. The front desk opens at 8:00 AM. 248-253-9300. You can also email the club at email@example.com. Or both.
**IMPORTANT** – Please do not show up for practice without registering beforehand! If the class if full, you will not be able to participate. PLEASE NOTE: We are holding a spot for you. Cancellations must occur by 9:00 PM the night before practice to avoid being charged.
If the practice is full, you will be automatically added to the Waiting List. If a spot opens, you will be added to the attendance roster. You will receive a confirmation email. The waiting list is disabled 2 hours before the class begins, so please make sure to check to see if you were added to the class roster! Once you are added to the roster, all cancellation policies will be in effect. If you have changed your mind and would like to be removed from the Waiting List, please EMAIL the club at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we have a record of the cancellation.
Matches are always on Fridays
- The League match fee is $20 and is paid to the host club when you play.
- Coaches and captains put together the player rosters for the matches.
- Contact your captain for any questions about scheduling.
- If your match is at home, feel free to arrive ½ hour prior to warm up with your teammates.
Match start times are determined by the home club.
- The match schedule comes out in early September.
- Matches usually begin sometime between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm, depending on the club.