WOMEN’S SUBURBAN TENNIS LEAGUE
What is Ladies Suburban tennis?
The Suburban Tennis League is a women’s social travel league serving the Detroit metropolitan area. The league runs yearly, from September through May. Matches are on Fridays with four-courts of doubles. Two-hour timed matches; one hour each, against two different doubles teams.
The host club serves lunch for all of the players following each match. (Luncheons are suspended at this time)
Wessen Indoor has three Ladies Suburban teams – a combined level 6.0, 7.0 and 7.5. Players are rostered on teams that reflect their current USTA ranking. Doubles teams must not exceed the specified combined level. It is possible to be on the roster for more than one team! – this gives additional opportunities to play and helps to fill gaps in the match roster when players are unavailable.
Requirements to participate in the Ladies’ Suburban Tennis League:
- The league requires that players be a member of their home club. (An individual membership at Wessen Indoor Tennis is $150/year.)
- Players must attend practice at least twice per month to be eligible to play in the Friday matches.
- 2.5, 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 level women are welcome to join our Suburban League. NOTE – You do not need to have a current USTA rating to participate.
- Players that do not have a USTA rating are evaluated by coaches and put on the team rosters that reflect their level of play.
6.0 Team practice is on Wednesday, 9:30 – 11:00 am ($30.)
7.0 & 7.5 Team practice is Wednesdays, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm ($30)
- We send out a weekly invitation to get a player count for the practice. Players simply click a link on the email “YES” or “NO.”
- Monthly packages are available at a reduced rate of $25/practice.
- Package visits are not tranferable or interchangeable with other clinics.
- Monthly rate will vary based on the number of practices each month.
- There are no makeups or credits for the monthly package.
- Practice begins the second week in September.
- Ladies are welcome to stay after practice for 1/2 hour of complimentary pick-up doubles.
Monday morning there is an optional organized doubles strategy clinic with Coach Tom, 9:00-10:30 am – Tom’s Tactics ($25.)
- Just like Wednesday practice, we send out a weekly invitation for Tom’s Tactics to get a head count.
- There is no package rate available for Tom’s Tactics.
- Tom’s Tactics begins the second week in September.
Matches are on Fridays
and include lunch ($23 per player.) Luncheons have been suspended at this time.
- The League match fees:
$23 when you play a matchMatch fees are currently $20 due to luncheon suspension.
- The coaches put together the player rosters for the matches.
- Players are asked for their availability to help make the schedule in advance.
- Matches are scheduled on a weekly basis – trying to look at least two weeks in advance.
- The League match fees:
Match start times are determined by the home club.
- The match schedule will come out in early September.
- Matches usually begin sometime between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm, depending on the club.