The U14 US National Team Qualifier, hosted by Wessen Indoor Tennis Club, gives players a chance to qualify to the World Championship Finals in Washington D.C, where they can compete to represent the US National Team at the Paris Open U 14 World Championship [July 4th to July 14th, 2020.] The Team will be composed of two boys and two girls (winner and runner up boys and girls).
The PARIS OPEN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in Paris, France, is the Premiere ITF tournament in the world for players under 14. This is an ITF Level 1, the equivalent of the “World Championship” for this junior category and attracts some of the best talents from around the world. Virtually all the top players in the world have played it for the last 30 years. Past participants include Zverev, Svitolina, Halep, Murray, Monfils, Ostapenko, Kyrgios to name a few. In fact, outside of qualifying, you can’t even get invited into the tournament unless you are top 5 in your country!
The National Team Qualifier at Wessen gives players a chance to compete and qualify to represent the US National Team at the Paris Open U 14 World Championship.
- U14 US National Team Qualifier [Girls] – March 20-22
- U14 US National Team Qualifier [Boys] – March 27-29
- Age Restrictions: Open to ages 14 & under Boys and Girls (MUST BE 14 until DEC 31st 2020)
- Format of Play: Fast-Four format (4-game sets,) 2 out of 3 sets, No-Ad scoring with a 10 point tiebreak for the 3rd set.
- Draws & Seeding: Will be created based on the UTR rankings.
- Prize: Winner and Runner-Up of the U14 US National Team Qualifier at Wessen Indoor Tennis Club will get a trophy and will QUALIFY FOR NATIONALS IN WASHINGTON, DC where they can compete for a trip to Paris for 10 days with all expenses paid. *excluding air fare
- Paris Open Website: www.roadtoparisopen.com
Wessen Indoor Tennis Club
121 Branch St.
Pontiac, MI 48341
USTA Sactioned Junior Tournament
• Level 4 Boys & Girls 12s – 16s
• Green Level 1 Boys & Girls 10s
Registration Closes 12/30
For more information and registration, visit the USTA/TennisLink website.
GO TO TOURNAMENT WEBSITE
Club Christmas Tournamnet
for Junior Players
Sunday, December 15
5:00 PM—7:30 PM
Players must know how to keep score and serve into the box. First match losers consolation round—guaranteed 2 matches for all players.
- Two Divisions: 12 & Under and 13 & Over.
- Prizes Awarded!
Appropriate for Program Levels:
– Green Dot
– Junior Excellence
– USTA Jr. Team Tennis players
– High School Varsity Training
– Top Flight Academy
Tennis camps for adults and juniors over the holiday break.
WINTER BREAK HOLIDAY CAMP
December 27-30 ( Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon )
Four consecutive days of training. Classes for all levels – adults and juniors. The holiday break is a great time to improve your tennis skills!
- 10-11 AM Teen Beginner, Green Dot ($75)
- 11a-12PM Pee Wee, Red Ball, Orange Ball ($75)
- 12-1:30 PM Jr. Excellence & High School Varsity ($105)
- 1:30-3:00 PM Top Flight Academy ($105)
- 6:30-8:00 PM Adult Beginner, Adv Beginner & Intermediate ($105)
Daily drop-in is available at $25 per visit (1 hour class,) $35 per visit (1.5 hour class.)
Dates: May 24-26
Location: Wessen Indoor Tennis Club
Ages: Girls 10-14; Boys 10-16
Deadline: Monday, May 20 @ 11:59 pm
Register Online with USTA TennisLink
All Top Flight Academy players are welcome (and encouraged) to attend! Parents are welcome to attend and can bring along racquets to join in the fun. Top Flight Pros will be on-site to answer questions, discuss the program and address individual player development. We’ll have pizza, pop, organized competitive games with awesome prizes. Players that register at the Kick-Off will receive a 15% discount off Top Flight Summer Academy regular package prices.
Session I: Jun 17-July 14 (4 weeks) *No classes July 4; Makeup on July 12
Session II: July 15-Aug 11 (4 weeks)
Session I: Jun 16-July 14 (5 weeks)
Session II: July 21-Aug 25* (5 weeks) *No classes Aug 4
Top Flight Summer Academy for advanced junior players begins May 28 – just in time for the SEMTA Muthig Qualifier. We offer a full-day option for those players that want to dedicate themselves to become the best version of themselves this summer. There are also morning-only and afternoon-only options, as well as on-court conditioning.
May 28* – August 22 (13 weeks)
Monday – Thursday
Choose your own schedule — Morning, Afternoon, or FULL-DAY Camp
10:00 am – 12:00 pm: Warm-up, live ball drills, fundamentals, point construction, feeding, footwork
12:00 – 1:00 pm: Optional on-court conditioning 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Get match tough this summer!
2:00 – 4:00 pm: Warm-up, supervised match play, competitive games, challenge matches, strategy
*Weeks 1-3 will be afternoon sessions only at Bloomfield Hills High School, after school, 4:30-6:30 pm. The summer morning/afternoon time schedule will begin on Monday, June 17.