The U14 US National Team Qualifier, hosted by Wessen Indoor Tennis Club, gives players a chance to qualify to the World Championship Finals in Washington D.C, where they can compete to represent the US National Team at the Paris Open U 14 World Championship [July 4th to July 14th, 2020.] The Team will be composed of two boys and two girls (winner and runner up boys and girls).
The PARIS OPEN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in Paris, France, is the Premiere ITF tournament in the world for players under 14. This is an ITF Level 1, the equivalent of the “World Championship” for this junior category and attracts some of the best talents from around the world. Virtually all the top players in the world have played it for the last 30 years. Past participants include Zverev, Svitolina, Halep, Murray, Monfils, Ostapenko, Kyrgios to name a few. In fact, outside of qualifying, you can’t even get invited into the tournament unless you are top 5 in your country!
The National Team Qualifier at Wessen gives players a chance to compete and qualify to represent the US National Team at the Paris Open U 14 World Championship.
- U14 US National Team Qualifier [Girls] – March 20-22
- U14 US National Team Qualifier [Boys] – March 27-29
- Age Restrictions: Open to ages 14 & under Boys and Girls (MUST BE 14 until DEC 31st 2020)
- Format of Play: Fast-Four format (4-game sets,) 2 out of 3 sets, No-Ad scoring with a 10 point tiebreak for the 3rd set.
- Draws & Seeding: Will be created based on the UTR rankings.
- Prize: Winner and Runner-Up of the U14 US National Team Qualifier at Wessen Indoor Tennis Club will get a trophy and will QUALIFY FOR NATIONALS IN WASHINGTON, DC where they can compete for a trip to Paris for 10 days with all expenses paid. *excluding air fare
- Paris Open Website: www.roadtoparisopen.com