Player Costs to Participate:
- UTR League Registration Fee:
- Youth League: $38 for Power Subscribers, $48 for Non-Power Subscribers .
- Premier League: $50 for Power Subscribers, $60 for Non-Power Subscribers
- Event Fee: $20 per-player/per-event (includes all matches played on day of event)
There are no refunds on League registrations (please see “Withdrawl from League” below.) Event fees are only applicable on the day of play for those competing in an event.
- Youth Leagues: Ages 18 and Under, UTR 1-6
- Premier Leagues: Ages 18 and Under, *UTR 6+
- *Premier League UTR at Directors discretion as UTR ratings may fluctuate below 6.
League Season: Each league season is a five-week round-robin schedule. Teams compete in a team round-robin format over 4 weeks with a 5th-week playoff match for all teams by standings (i.e. 1 vs. 2, 3 vs. 4, 5 vs. 6, etc ). There is a potential of six seasons per year.
Guaranteed Matches: Eight players (Youth Leage); six players (Premier League) are required to register a team.
- Youth League: Six players are required per event. UTR does not guarantee the number of matches per player per event. That is at the discretion of your participating Club & Team Coach.
- Premier League: Four players are required per event. UTR does not guarantee the number of matches per player per event. That is at the discretion of your participating Club & Team Coach.
Locations: It is up to the Participating Clubs and Club League Manager (appointed by Universal Tennis) to develop a clear league schedule including dates and locations.
Schedule: League schedules can be found inside the digital club.
Standings: League standings can be found under the ‘standings tab’ and will update automatically when the League Manager has updated results.
Scoring Format: One round of doubles and two rounds of singles. Time-based play with a two-minute warning, no ad-scoring, no sitting on changeovers, and twenty seconds between points. Coaching is allowed but must not slow down or inhibit play. When “Time” is yelled, players can finish the current point, and play one more if it’s a deciding point to win the game or set. *Scores count towards Verified UTR. (*One player has to reach a minimum of 4 games to count toward UTR.)
Tied Matches: If a game is not finished i.e. 4-4 and does not have a deciding point, the result is deemed as a tie. If teams are tied at the end of the match, the team with the highest total of games won will be declared the winner.
Singles Match (4 game minimum): One of the players has to reach a minimum of 4 games. On the occasion of an unfinished match, the players must resume play until someone reaches the four-game line.
Schedule of play:
- Warmup: 10 min.
- Doubles: 30 min. followed by a 5-minute break
- 1st Singles: 35 min. followed by a 5-minute break
- 2nd Singles: 35 min.
- Total: 120 min. (2 hours)
- Warmup: 10 min.
- Doubles: 50 min. followed by a 5-minute break
- 1st Singles: 55 min. followed by a 5-minute break
- 2nd Singles: 55 min.
- Total: 180 min. (3 hours)
Line Calls: Team Coaches should be present and available to mitigate disputes. We expect the highest level of honesty and integrity from players. The Universal Tennis Club League Manager reserves the right to disqualify players from the league if he or she receives three or more complaints.
Time delays: Teams will incur a game penalty after 5 minutes of delay. The clock starts after the 10-minute warm-up period is finalized. In the case of a team missing a whole round of matches, the opposing team will receive credit in the form of wins counting to the final matchup score.
Miscellaneous time delays: If during a match there is any kind of stalling or time delay, the organizer has the right to extend match time at their discretion or give a game penalty.
Canceling Matches: If you cannot participate in a match, please convey this directly to your participating Club and Team Coach. There is a 24-hour cancellation policy in effect for players to avoid a forfeit. Please be mindful of your responsibility to your team.
Reporting scores: Players should report scores directly to the Event Director.
Confirming Matches: Players should confirm their match availability with their Team Coach prior to the start of the league season.
Home court for the championship: The team with the better record will have the home court.
Withdrawal from the league: Players must provide a valid reasoning for withdrawal. If a player withdraws from two Universal Tennis Club Team Tennis Leagues, it will result in the player being banned for one year from playing in any Universal Tennis Club Team Tennis Leagues. This is a Universal Tennis policy, as is not at the Club’s discretion.
Guaranteed Matches: As determined by the Team Coach.
Court Fees and Additional Costs: It is the participating Clubs’ responsibility to convey appropriate court fees and additional costs to the players. It is not the responsibility of Universal Tennis.